If your business is using an older or legacy ERP system, like Mas 90 or other Sage products, the best time to think about digital transformation was three years ago. But the second-best time is now.
The way people buy has changed and currently, and you need to change how you sell to better technology to keep up with economic trends.
What does “digital transformation” really mean?
When we talk about digital transformation, it might mean different things to different people. However, in general, digital transformation is a transformation of your entire business, rethinking the way you use your resources, people, your processes, initiatives, strategies, and the technology you use to manage and grow your business.
No matter what industry you are in, you need to change to keep up. The pandemic is a great example. Restaurants and other food retailers saw a huge decline in business, but changing selling methods to offer curbside pickup, more delivery options, and meal kits to go, brought back their business and profits. Distributors and manufacturers invested more in eCommerce and sold directly to consumers.
56% of CEOs said that their digital improvements have already improved profits
Technology was retooled and these new selling methods were used to not only keep money flowing but many businesses grew, established new and more competitive methods of customer experiences, and enhanced vendor relationships.
5 goals for a digital transformation strategy
- Choose the right cloud ERP partner for your business. This is someone who knows technology but also can help you to discover more efficient processes internally too. Someone that can work with your cloud ERP solution, your infrastructure, your integration needs, and your key strategic partnerships. At WAC Solution Partners, we take a hands-on approach, looking at your business holistically, and guide you to better processes. Our team uses a boutique approach – challenging you to optimize how you do business. Lean more about how we help.
- Focus on becoming a “connected business.” You need to be able to provide accurate and updated information easily to your employees, customers, and key partners. You can’t wait weeks for reports to be generated.
- Create resiliency in everything you do. The right technology choices allow your business to prepare for and respond to any situation that arises. The pandemic era has taught us we need to be ready. Cloud ERP solutions allow for these changes regardless of what they are. For example, businesses with this technology easily made the shift from working in an office to working from home in a matter of hours. Make sure your digital transformation accommodates timely, accurate communications regardless of where someone physically sits.
- Become an agile business. Agility is one of the key ingredients for a successful business, but what does this mean? You need to welcome change and go after new opportunities. You need to adopt new technology and adapt to attract and retain top talent. Are you agile? A modern, cloud ERP solution like Acumatica can help get you there.
- Build a future-proof business on a future-proof platform. Successful digital transformation comes down to this. No matter what is thrown your way, you’re ready. You have built-in agility and resilience with current technology to survive.
Acumatica – your path to digital transformation
Today’s ERP can give you the technology you need to transform your business. It’s designed for SMBs with editions for different industries, at a price point you’ll love. Acumatica, the cloud ERP is accessible anytime, from anywhere, and on any device. Additionally, it is flexible, scalable, and adaptable as your business needs change. Call (866) 901-9955 and talk to one of our business experts and learn more how Acumatica can help you future-proof your business.